Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
This has to be the easiest, quickest and most yummy pizza dough recipe I have made! I saw a mum post this on a facebook page and thought i'd give it a try. My kids love pizza in general and baker's delight scrolls and although I know how to make traditional pizza dough the process and time it takes puts me off.
- 2 cups of white or wholemeal self raising flour (plus a bit extra for dusting surface of bench top)
- 1 cup of natural greek yoghurt - any brand is fine.
- Mix with hands - it's just easier
- If you mix it well but you feel it is a bit dry add a dollop more of greek yoghurt but i've never had to do so.
- The dough will be sticky in consistency but not runny.
- After dough has been formed. I cover it with a dry tea towel and let it rest on the bench top for approx 20-30min will prepping the ingredients. This is not essential but just what I do.
- Flour bench top with flour, place dough on flour, sprinkle a little more flour on the top of the dough and roll out dough in a rough rectangular shape until dough is approx 1 cm thick (basically as thin as you can in a rough rectangular shape).
- Spread pizza sauce over dough (I buy the Aldi pizza sauce in a squeeze tube bottle) shredded cheese (do not put a thick layer of cheese just evenly spread) ham, salami and olives and/or whatever else you like - I'll pop a few suggestions of topping I have made in the past that the kids love below.
- Roll dough and filling into a log
- Cut into approx 4 cm scrolls.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper with the scroll facing upwards.
- Bake at 200 degrees for approx 20 min or until slightly golden and cooked through. (You will see them golden up a bit - bare in mind every oven cooks differently so just keep an eye out and time how long it take you for future.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.
- Vegemite and cheese
- Garlic, butter, cheese and herbs (this is so yum as a substitute for store bought garlic bread - serve with a bowl of soup)
- Pesto and cheese
- Cinnamon, sugar and/or sultanas