Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
Pfft who needs a maccas breakfast when you can make it better at home?
If you don’t have a pie maker then you need to get one pronto… I’ll be showing you more recipes on here using it (like I’m talking donuts and pizza pockets) but if you don’t have one then that is so ok, you can use a cupcake tray and alter the cooking times a bit.
The beauty with these is that you can adjust this to suit you and your taste buds and use what you have in your fridge. I used chorizo mince in the pictures but you can use sausage mince, bacon or even ham.
- Sausages, mince taken out of casings (you can use whatever sausage mince, my fav is chorizo)
- Eggs - one per compartment
- Turn on pie maker and allow to warm up. No need to spray with oil, just place and press approximately 1 tbsp of mince into each pie compartment. Cover and cook for 1-2minutes
- Open lid and crack an egg into each compartment, crack some pepper (you can add salt but be mindful when using sausage mince or bacon as it can already be salty enough) and place lid back down. If you like your eggs still a touch gooey then cook them for 3.5minutes, if you rather them well done then cook for approx 4-4.5minutes or until done to your liking
- Warm your (Mc)Muffins and assemble your sausage and egg (Mc)Muffin. I will list some suggestions to compliment your (Mc)Muffin below
- Keep it simple with some sauce or add some cheese
- If using chorizo mince you can layer with some agile, chimichurri, fresh rocket, Swiss cheese
- Feel free to add some relish
- Add some fresh tomato, onion and lettuce with sauce of choice - your options are endless.