Ok, let's cut the crap - CLICK HERE to download a PDF printable of this recipe to keep - Enjoy, Marylin xxx
- 500g Fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- 300ml cream
- 6-8 shallots/spring onions - sliced (depending on thickness)
- Small punnet of mushrooms - sliced
- 1 large brown onion - diced
- 4 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup diced pancetta/bacon
- 1/2 Bunch of fresh continental parsley - chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a deep, thick bottom pan sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent on medium low heat.
- Add pancetta/bacon on medium heat until cooked. Add and sauté mushrooms until they are golden.
- In a separate pot, bring water to boil, then add a generous amount of salt and cook pasta to required time.
- Back to the sauce - add nutmeg, cream, shallots, S&P and 1/2 Cup of salted pasta water. (make sure to taste prior to adding salt)
- Add Parsley and parmesan and stir through then pop the lid on and turn the heat down to low and simmer till pasta is cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauce.
Served amazingly wth a rocket, pear, walnut and parmesan salad.