So with all the commotion going on with the coronavirus, coming into flu season and people actually going mad and buying everything off the shelves I thought I would make my own hadn’t sanitiser because I had most ingredients at home once I did a quick google search and I honestly CBF driving around finding any.
The main ingredients you will actually need is; aloe vera gel, vodka (which needs to be 60% alcohol proof ) witch hazel OR isopropyl alcohol (which is your best bet) and tea tree essential oil. Please make sure to use essential oils as they are the purest form, natural and not watered down, my choice of brand is doterra.
So you will need the following:
- 100ml spray or squeeze bottle
- Vodka (which needs to be 60% alcohol volume/proof )
- Witch hazel OR isopropyl alcohol (which is your best bet)
- Aloe vera gel
- Filtered water
- Tea tree essential oil (I use the doterra brand)
- Lavender, lemon or orange essential oil (purely for scent and optional)
- AND if you have use the doterra range and have “on guard” I used this too (again this is optional)
What you will need to do is:
- Fill 1/3 of your bottle with vodka/witch hazel
- Add about 1 tbsp of filtered water
- Add 10 drops of tea tree oil, 10 drops of lavender/lemon/orange oil, optional.
- Add 5 drops of on guard, optional
- Top the bottle with aloe vera gel, pop on the lid and give it a good shake
And there you have it, your very own hand sanitiser.
Check out the full video here
If you make this or any of my recipes, I would love to see your creations so please share and tag me over on IG @lovenestgifts